Google AdSense is a program run by Google that allows publishers in the Google Network of content sites to serve automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements, that are targeted to site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google. They can generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis.
Google launched its AdSense program, originally named content targeting advertising in March 2003, eventually introduced multi sub programs like AdSense content, AdSense hosted AdSense videos etc.
In Q1 2015, Google earned US $3.4 billion ($13.6 billion annualized), or 22% of total revenue, through Google AdSense. AdSense is a participant in the AdChoices program, so AdSense ads typically include the triangle-shaped AdChoices icon.
Very Initial Steps To Get Start
If you are thinking to start Google AdSense program, following are the very initial steps to do.
- Choose a domain name and register it that normally costs $12.
- Hire a hosting server which can provide you an excellent service, cost may vary server to server and package to package. The normal range is $50 to $120.
- Have a website developed by an expert developer. Site may be on PHP, ASP, HTML or any other format, however, my personal experience says wordpress is best for beginners because it is easy to use, friendly SEO and free source.
- Start work (publishing the relevant data), data must be unique.
- When your website gets reasonable visitor’s strength daily, apply for Google AdSense account.
- When your AdSense account approved, install ad’s codes on your website and enjoy unbreakable pleasure of earning in dollars.
What Basic Skills Require Starting?
- Good English approach in reading, writing and understanding.
- Basic computer and internet application knowledge.
- Keyword searching skills.
- Content writing skills according to search engine’s requirement.
- Basic skills to publish the data and promote the website.
- Full knowledge of SEO and marketing skills.
- Skills to display ads on website on proper location.